The 2009 edition of The Convergence Salon SF was held at Bacar in San Francisco on December 2nd. An intimate gathering of life sciences executives and investors, session topics included "New Dynamics in Non-VC Financing for Life Sciences Companies", "The Changing Logic of Collaborations, Licensing and Partnerships", and a conversation with Corey Goodman, PhD, on "Convergence: What's Next for Biotech, Pharma and Cleantech" moderated by David Ewing Duncan, Journalist and Director, Center for Life Science Policy, UC Berkeley.
Thanks to our session speakers for sharing their insights during the program:
- Safi Bahcall, PhD, President and CEO, Synta Pharmaceuticals
- Steve Brady, Executive Director, Corporate Development, Proteolix, Inc.
- John Dunn, Executive Vice President - New Ventures, Biogen Idec
- Rekha Hemrajani, Vice President, Business Development, Exelixis
- John Hollway, Vice President, Corporate Development, Achaogen
- Scott Kirsner, Innovation Economy columnist, Boston Globe (moderator)
- Maggie LeFlore, PhD, Managing Director, MedImmune Ventures (moderator)
- Sunil Patel, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Matthew Perry, BVF Partners
- Kurt von Emster, Managing Director, venBio